Mitsubishi Engine 4G9 Series Manual
General Mitsubishi Workshop Manual of 4G9 engine (4G92, 4G93, 4G94), that are mounted on Lancer, Carisma, Pajero, Galant, Space Star, Space Runner either with MIVEC, GDI, SOHC or DOHC.
4G92 SOHC and 4G92 DOHC MIVEC engine also are used on Mitsubishi Colt sixth generation (1992-2000), a supermini car built by Mitsubishi.
This document mostly gives information on general maintenance on overhaul of Mitsubishi engine type above, inspecting and adjusting also given, with pictures and words work together explains things quickly.
Inside this manual:
- General Information
- Specifications [ Service Specifications ~ Rework Dimensions ~ Torque Specifications ~ New Tightening Method by Use of Bolts to be Tightened in Plastic Area ~ Sealant ~ Form in Place Gasket]
- Special Tools
- Alternator and Ignition System
- Timing Belt
- Fuel and Emission Control System [ Throttle Body and EGR System (GDI) ]
- Intake and Exhaust Manifold [ Intake Manifold (GDI) ~ Exhaust Manifold (GDI) ~ Injector and Fuel Pump Assembly (GDI) ~ Intake and Exhaust Manifold (4G94-GDI for Pajero io)]
- Water Pump & Water Hose
- Rocker Arms and Camshafts [ Rocker Cover and Camshafts (MIVEC) ~ Rocker Arms and Rocker Shaft Caps (MIVEC)]
- Cylinder Head and Valves
- Front Case and Oil Pump
- Piston and Connecting Rod
- Crankshaft, Cylinder Block, Flywheel and Drive Plate